Halloween Safety Tips
It is always better take preventions than rush to hospitals for cure. Every festivity should be conducted with precautions particularly if it involves children and the elderly. Halloween is a festival that includes many uncertain treads and trails. It also includes unknown tricks and novel food items. In general it is always wise to stay in groups especially when the sky becomes dark. Some safety tips could be helpful and prevent untoward incidents.
- Halloween should be celebrated within known surroundings and with know people. It could be dangerous to venture to new areas as you do not know what may lie in the darkness or who the people are behind the masks.
- It is always a good idea to make a route plan of your Halloween city tour. A route plan made in advance helps in preparing you mentally for the actual day. Parents must not let their children be on their own on Halloween. Children should always be with elders even if they are in a group.
- It is mandatory to carry a powerful flashlight with new batteries while staying or treading outdoors. It is advisable to wear easily distinguishable costume as identification would be easier. Parents should insist on children to wear an identification on their dress.
- While walking it is advisable to stay on sidewalks and not stray on roads. Roads should be kept free for vehicles. Never run as that could lead to accidents. While crossing roads always use crosswalks or road intersections.
- Always keep away from flower beds and avoid walking on gardens. Be watchful of jack o’ lanterns which could have open flames. While walking keep your head up and be aware of whatever is going around. It is not at all desirable to walk inside a building that is dark or dimly lit. Avoid waiting near such houses.
- Never enter houses that are unknown to you. Only venture into homes that are known to you or which are well illuminated. It is desirable to stay away from unknown pets or unfamiliar animals.
- Do not interact much with strangers, and never accept any rides from them. Refuse by saying a polite ‘thank you’.
- In case your dress catches fire, do not panic. Just stop, drop, and roll till the fire is doused.